Sunday, November 7

I KNOW it's been too long!

 So it's been about 2 months since my last blog. I'm soo sorry. I've gotten so many requests to start back up. And I finally had a free Sunday to sit down and hammer these out. So here's my Amazing Dessert that I promised.  

Cherry Bars

1 3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 - 21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling

Preheat oven to 350.





Cream together sugar, butter, & vanilla. Add eggs ONE AT A TIME, untill thoroughly blended. Add Flour and baking powder and spread about 2/3 of batter on a greased cookie sheet.



 


Spoon the Pie Filling onto the batter. Drop remaining batter over the pie filling. (This will create the stained glass effect). Place in oven for 35 - 40 mins. 

 Almond Glaze

1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 TBS Milk
1 tsp Almond Extract

Combined and Drizzle over baked Cherry Bars.







Cut and Enjoy




This is a great recipe and it's super easy. You can pretty much use any fruit pie filling, and you can substitute the Almond Extract in the glaze if you find that wouldn't be good with the fruit you are using. I hope you enjoy this and as always FANCY IT UP!

2 comments:

  1. I only like fresh cherries.... Cherrys... No I think I had it right the first time. Cherries. I think I'm gonna wait till they come into season to make cherry bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used fresh cherries, let me know how it works out

    ReplyDelete