Saturday, September 4

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Today, I made something we've NEVER had before...EGGPLANT! I once tried it in Spain but I hadn't had it since. I figured it was high time (that's fancy for about time) that I attempted to make it. I looked for different recipes and settled on one in the 4 Ingredient Cookbook. Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Mountains. These were fun to make. They didn't really go over as a resounding success but for the most part people liked it, they just didn't love it! But here are the pictures anyways!

This is the first layered stack!
This is a finished stack!
Make sure you keep them held together!
I added a side of pasta tossed with Pesto. I didn't know how filled we would be!

Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Mountains
The Utlimate 4 Ingredient Cookbook pg. 259

1 Eggplant, cut into 8 slices
2 slicing tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
1/2 lb mozzarella (preferably buffalo [that's fancy for fresh]), cut into 8 slices
1/3 cup of pesto

Broil the Eggplant slices under high heat until browned on both sides. Put 4 slices onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Put a tomato slice and cheese slice on each one. Make a second layer of each, adding pesto between slices. Skewer (POKE) with a stick. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Transfer stacks to individual serving plates. Carefully remove the sticks. Top with a generous spoonful of pesto. Serve warm or cold. Serves 4.

I've been told either you like eggplant or you don't. But in this case I'm pretty sure we just need to try it in different dishes before we make our final decision. Tomorrow will bring more Fancy dishes your way, until next time...Fancy it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment