Thursday, September 9

ArUUUgula!

So last night I made Grilled Pork with Arugula and Tomato Salad! It's an awesome recipe and I definitely like the cookbook it came from. BEST EATS by Weight Watchers. SO it's healthy too!

Here's the Recipe:

Grilled Pork with Arugula and Tomato Salad
Weight Watchers Best Eats pg. 76

 1 1/4 lbs. of pork tenderloin*
4 TBS lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
8 cups arugula
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved

*I used butterflied pork chops, worked great and I didn't have to slice anything

(I'm tellin' you how I did this not exactly how the cookbook says). Wisk together Lemon Juice, garlic, salt black pepper, olive oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Take half and add it with the pork in a plastic bag (ziploc), seal (letting all air escape) and let it set for about 40 mins - 1 hour. Turning bag to get all parts covered. Spray your pan with nonstick spray and cook on each side for about 3 mins, until the pork is no longer pink.


Half the tomatoes and toss them in with that Arugula (this looks kinda like spinach but tastes a bit less bitter). I added Mandarin Oranges to add a bit of citrus to the meal and it helped finish the meal superbly! Add the rest of the Marinade/Salad dressing to the bowl of salad and serve together.


This meal was sooo good! I can't wait to make it again. Until next time...Fancy it up!

2 comments: